Droopy skin around the eyes makes you appear older than you feel, affecting your self-esteem in the long run. Fortunately, you can stay younger through facial plastic surgery conducted by an expert cosmetic and oculofacial plastic surgeon. At Arizona Ocular & Facial Plastic Surgery, Dr. Heringer delivers Peoria blepharoplasty using state of the art equipment for in-office and on-site appointments. A successful procedure delivers a youthful appearance after removing excess skin, muscles, and fat deposits, eliminating the droopy and fluffy look of your eyes.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery/blepharoplasty is a cosmetic procedure responsible for repairing puffy and droopy eyelids to get a younger appearance. The procedure includes removing excess skin, muscle, and fat deposits in your lower eyelid, upper eyelid, or both. Blepharoplasty is best for men and women with unique aesthetic needs or who are looking to achieve better vision.
What to Expect During Blepharoplasty?
At Arizona Ocular & Facial Plastic Surgery, Dr. Heringer leads the team in ensuring your comfort before, during, and after your blepharoplasty procedure. A local anesthetic and sedative are used to ensure that your procedure is painless, minimally invasive, and precise.
For your upper eyelid, Dr. Heringer makes hidden incisions in the crease to improve your vision. Lower blepharoplasty involves nearly invisible cuts along the lower lash line. The cuts allow him to remove excess fatty tissue, excess skin and tightens the weak eye muscles.
Upon request, Dr. Heringer repositions fatty tissue for a more youthful look around the eyes. He may recommend laser skin resurfacing or fat grafting to improve the overall results of your procedure. Healing takes about a week, after which you are rejuvenated and well-rested.
Who is Qualified for Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is an ideal solution for impaired vision, bags under your eyes, and drooping eyelids. An ideal candidate for blepharoplasty has:
- Drooping eyelids
- Excess skin on the lower eyelid
- No severe eye or skin condition
- Practical expectations for the outcome
- Bags under your eyes when you are well-rested
- Excess upper eyelid skin interfering with your vision
If you are a smoker or suffering from a severe condition, your healing period could extend.
Results of blepharoplasty at Arizona Ocular & Facial Plastic Surgery appear natural and not overdone. Dr. Heringer uses his extensive skills and experience to facilitate blepharoplasty for men and women with different needs.
Other Services Offered at Arizona Ocular & Facial Plastic Surgery
- Ptosis surgery corrects drooping eyelids using monitored anesthesia.
- Facelift surgery is customized to redefine youthful contours to make you look younger.
- A neck lift improves your jawline and neck to reduce visible signs of aging.
- A brow lift tightens the region around your eyes and reduces visible signs of aging.
- Fat grafting is a permanent solution for enhancing the fullness of your face.
- Laser resurfacing enhances your skin’s tone and texture by improving the production of collagen and elastin.
- A Mini facelift removes wrinkles and sagging skin in the lower region of your face.
To learn more about blepharoplasty offered at Arizona Ocular & Facial & Plastic Surgery, call the practice or use the online booking tool from your home or office.