Cordales are popularly known as wisdom teeth, because they come in adulthood and not in childhood like the rest of the teeth. These molars usually cause some discomfort when leaving, a process that can last a long time, although if the patient has enough space in their mouth these molars will appear without causing major problems. If you have started to feel pain in the back of your gums, at the end of the mouth, and you are not sure what to do, in a HOW we explain what are the symptoms of wisdom teeth on leaving , so you know if you must Go to a dental checkup to check that everything is going well and for the specialist to recommend the best for you.
Do wisdom teeth hurt when they come out?
One of the main doubts is usually at what age the wisdom teeth come out and the answer is that these tend to appear between 17 and 21 years of age, although in many people can leave before or after, and can continue to come around Of the 30 years or a little more. There are those who come out the four molales and who only have two, usually only the top and the bottom for their genetic inheritance do not exist, although it can be the other way around.
Also, if you wonder if the wisdom teeth hurt when leaving you should know that some people never experience pain from the exit of the cordales, instead because they go crooked or have little space if they come to feel discomfort and even pain.
It is also important to know that there are patients who undergo orthodontic treatment in the young are operated for the extraction of wisdom teeth, in order to ensure that other teeth replaced with the treatment will not move, and therefore will never experience The possible pain of their departure.
Symptoms that occur when the wisdom teeth come out
If you wonder how to know if you are going out of wisdom teeth you have to keep in mind that there are some common symptoms of these when they come out and others that are less common, since they occur in situations where the tooth is moved or there is little space. The most frequent are pain and inflammation in the gums , specifically in the place that occupy the cordales, that is to say the bottom of the mouth. When wisdom teeth come out properly, and have a good space in the mouth, there are no additional symptoms to the minor annoyances we mentioned earlier.
However, many people do not have enough space to accommodate the wisdom teeth or they grow crooked, which are known as impacted wisdom teeth , and in these cases there are usually other symptoms of the wisdom teeth when they leave a little more Annoying, for example:
- Severe pain in the area where the cord grows.
- Jaw hardening in this area.
- Inflammation and severe redness of the area that is seen even on the outside, on the cheek.
- If the cordales grow crooked or if they greatly damage the gums during their appearance, infections can occur in this area or in the bone, which should be attended by a specialist as soon as possible. The symptoms of infection in the wisdom teeth are intense pain, a lot of inflammation, bad breath and even the appearance of pus.
How to remove pain from wisdom teeth
It is normal that while you are waiting the day of the visit for the extraction of the chordless piece you ask yourself how to control the pain of wisdom teeth with some home remedies and advice . So pay attention to the following indications:
- Take over-the-counter analgesics and anti-inflammatories, such as paracetamol and ibuprofen, so you’ll have less inflammation and feel less pain.
- Uses anesthetic creams suitable for the mouth of sale in pharmacies.
- Do soft jaw movement exercises, as if chewing gum slowly, so you mobilize the joint that is very close to the cordales area and you will feel less pain.
- Rinse with mouthwash or mouth rinses that are sensitive to sensitive gums and disinfect the area, such as those containing chlorhexidine.
- Rinse or gargle with warm water and salt to disinflate, disinfect and relieve the area.
- Clove oil is very effective to control the pain of wisdom teeth, because thanks to the eugenol it contains is anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antibacterial. Pour a few drops into a cotton or gauze pad and hold for a few minutes in the affected gum area.
- If it gets to inflame the cheek then apply cold for a few minutes. You can wrap ice in a cloth or cotton cloth and apply it at times, so you will deflate the area and you will fall asleep relieving the pain.
- Try acupuncture for toothache , always carried out by a professional.
All this will temporarily alleviate the discomfort of this process, but to solve it you must go to the dentist as soon as possible.
Treatment for wisdom teeth
If you feel pain and discomfort in the area of the cordales, it is best to go to a dentist. The specialist will touch your gums and possibly perform an x-ray to monitor their growth and if there is room in the mouth for them. If they do not exist, they are growing crooked or there is an infection, they must be extracted by a maxillofacial surgeon through a small intervention, in order to avoid moving the rest of the teeth affecting the patient’s bite And causing major problems such as infection in more parts of the mouth and even in the bone.
If your doctor tells you to remove the wisdom teeth , do not be alarmed. Trust the specialist, he will explain all the implications of the procedure in your case. Take into account that if your doctor tells you that it is best to remove the cordales, it is important to follow this suggestion to ensure your health.
Post-extraction treatment of wisdom teeth
After the extraction, the maxillofacial surgeon will give you some guidelines to recover from the extraction of the cordales correctly. To begin with, you will place a cotton or gauze so that it bites for a while, thus doing pressure in the area of the wound of the extraction and ensuring that it begins to heal properly. After a half hour you can withdraw with care, although each dentist can give some guidelines according to each case. In addition, you have to take antibiotic for a few days, which will also guide the specialist. Likewise, it is recommended to eat cold, soft and liquid foods at first and avoid sucking so as not to move the stitches. Finally, after each meal,
This article is purely informative, in ONE we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor at best dental clinic in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.