Mouth is considered to be the most essential parts of the body. With the help of mouth we can chew, speak, drink and many micro enzymes and fluids are secreted in the mouth. Uvula is a major part of the mouth that tends to occupy the fleshy part that hangs from the back of the mouth. The term uvula also refers to the uvula of cerebellum and uvula of urinary bladder. The uvula which is present at the mouth should be noted carefully as enlarged uvula may lead to severe effects. Uvula which is of normal size may not do any harm to the body but when a person notes the change in the size of the uvula then treatment should be must in those cases. This uvula is made up of a connective tissue and is covered by means of a mucous membrane. This uvula when enlarged can also be stated as the swollen uvula or Uvulitis. The main function of this uvula is that it greatly helps in preventing the food into the nasal cavity while swallowing.
Causes of uvulitis:
Uvulitis tends to take place in the body of the person due to the following factors given below.
- Soreness of throat
- Eating hot foods and beverages
- Mouth ulcers
- Bacterial or viral infection
- Respiratory track functions
These are the main causes for the uvulitis or swollen throat.
Symptoms of uvulitis:
One can identify the enlarged uvula by means of some symptoms given below.
- Reddened uvula
- Difficulty in swallowing food or beverages
- Difficulty in speaking
These are the symptoms which occur at the starting stage. One should get treatment at the exposure to these symptoms as late treatment may not work out at all times.
Remedies for curing uvulitis naturally:
There are many natural and artificial remedies available on the website. But preferring natural means may help fast and our body may be free of side effects. These natural remedies will help to get out of pain or discomfort.
- When a person feels dry throat drinking water may eases his pain. The person who is suffering from uvulitis tends to drink water up to two liters.
- Some elements like honey and gargling also ease the pain and gives comfort to the patient.
- Turmeric greatly helps in relieving pain as its antibacterial action prevents the person from infection.
- Some of the items like ice cream and ginger are also used to ease the pain
There are many websites which provides natural remedies for all kinds of infections and diseases. One such website is the www.naturalhealthyliving.net which provides natural remedies for cases like uvulitis and much other guidance is given under this website. Their main motto is to live healthy naturally. Many of the people depend on artificial means for recovery but being natural makes our body away from many harmful side-effects.