It is crucial that you manage your pain and anxiety before you get any major dental treatment. The technique of sedation is known to help the patients relax before any painful procedure. This means you do not have to avoid visiting the dentist and get the treatment that you have been avoiding for a long time. There are specialists who know how to avoid the unpleasantness of the procedures and work on getting you treated. But, not many people know how to go about the procedures that drcopp – Dental Clinic Toronto has.
Here is a step-by-step guide to prepare for the anesthesia dentistry:
- You will not have to worry about the food much when you are lined up for a treatment at the dental sedation clinic Toronto. However, it is suggested that you cut down on your smoking and alcohol intake much in advance before the treatment day.
- One day before the treatment, you will have to avoid heavy food at the night. In fact, it is suggested that you sleep empty stomach at night when you have the procedure the next day. Also, you cannot drink milk or have dairy products 6 hours before the procedure.
- If you cannot manage the hunger, you can stick to fluids as they are easy to digest. Or you can have fruits or salads 10 hours before the treatment. However, each procedure varies and you will have to talk with the sedation dentist to know the rules of eating specifically.
- Eating meat, fish, fatty or deep fried food is not allowed before your dental sedation procedure. At the same time, you will have to ask the dentist if you can continue with your herbal products. It might affect the procedure and you might have to suffer from complications.
- You will have to hydrate your body well two hours before the treatment. Drink clear juices, sports drinks, clear tea or black coffee. Make sure you do not drink alcohol or cocktails before your treatment.
- Wear comfortable and short sleeved dress to the dental sedation clinic Toronto on the day of your treatment. Check if you will be required to change if there is any surgical process involved. In such a case, you can carry an extra pair of clothes to change.
- Do not wear any makeup including nail paint. The specialist might have to cover your eyes with lubricants and monitor the oxygen supply while you are under the anesthesia’s effect. If there are any other formalities ask the dentist and go prepared accordingly.
- At least one adult should accompany you on the day of treatment. It might be one-day procedure and you will be left at the end of the day. However, in order to avoid any accidents as sedation is involved, you will need a reliable person to take you back home.
- Post your treatment, you should rest well for two days. If the dentist has asked to visit you back dental sedation clinic Toronto, then make sure you do not miss the appointment. If you experience any discomfort it is best to share with the dentist.