Finding the best surgeon for your LASIK eye surgery is an important step in ensuring that you will get the results that you want after the operation. You need to do a lot of research and ask for recommendations to know which doctor offers the best eye care services in your area. To make your search more convenient, here are some of the best ways to help you find an exceptional LASIK surgeon in Singapore.
- Consider checking the licensing – licensing boards can help a lot in validating your surgeon’s credentials. This way, you can be confident that your surgeon is really qualified to conduct the operation. You might also want to check his or her board certification. In addition to ensuring that your doctor has a license, you also need to research on the surgeon’s qualification.. Many eye surgeons perform Refractive Surgery (LASIK) but few are sub specialized in the field of Refractive Surgery. Surgeons who sub specialized in Refractive Surgery have greater experience in planning for the surgery, providing post op care and also managing any complications that may arise.
- Check the advertisements –Since many refractive surgery centers offer LASIK eye surgery, you might have also seen different advertisements about it. Companies advertise over the Internet, on the radio, print, or television just to promote their service. Some of them focus on informing you why their services are the best, while some are advertising the good pricing they offer. However, be sure that your preferred company’s ads don’t offer false promises. Affordable pricing should also not be the main reason for your decision since the quality of their service is more important.
- Ask for referrals – you can ask for referrals from your relatives, friends, or colleagues for the best LASIK surgeon in your area. This will give you peace of mind since the surgeon is trusted by people whom you know you can depend on. You can also ask for recommendations from your general physician or existing eye specialist. Since they already have an idea of your eye or general health’s condition, their referrals are more dependable.
Once you have already found your preferred doctor, you can visit their clinic for initial consultation. This will help you decide whether he or she is really the right person to solve your eye problems.
Take advantage of the appointment to ask relevant questions to the doctor. Write down as many questions about your eye condition and the LASIK surgery. A professional doctor will be more than willing to answer your questions to help you have a better understanding of the procedure. So don’t be intimidated and ask every single question on your list. To help you get started here are some recommended questions to ask:
- How many LASIK surgery procedures have you done?
- What is the success rate or complication rate?
- What is your success or complication rate compared to national averages?
- Do you perform LASIK procedures at your own eye care center?
- In case there is a complication, what is your policy when it comes follow-up?
- Will I need to provide additional payment to correct the complications?
- If required, do you have charges for enhancement operation?
- What price break can be expected for the enhancement?
- If it will be free of charge, is there a cutoff date for addressing complications?
These questions will set your expectations on your preferred doctor. It will also help you see if they are up to your standards or if you need to find another eye surgeon. In case you need helping finding one, feel free to visit Atlas Eye. Check out their website now to learn more about their LASIK services.