Dental bonding or tooth bonding is the process of applying tooth-colored resin to your tooth using adhesives and a high intensity curing light. This flexible procedure is used to rectify some dental imperfections. In the cosmetic procedure, dental bonding is used to improve the appearance of a discolored, chipped, or fractured tooth. If any of your teeth differ in color or shape compared to the rest, the dentist in Blacktown will perform the bonding procedure to achieve a uniform look. Even gapping between your teeth can be fixed by this dental bonding procedure.
Dental Bonding Procedure:
Dental bonding needs only a few preparations since anesthesia is not involved in this procedure. Initially, the dentist in Blacktown will match the resin color with the rest of your teeth to ensure that you have a uniform teeth color. Then the dentist will roughen your tooth surface and apply a liquid that helps the resin to stick on your tooth. Then the tooth-colored resin is applied on your tooth, and it is molded and shaped to fix your issue. At each stage, the resin is hardened using ultraviolet light, and when it attains the exact look as needed, the restorative is polished. This dental bonding process will take about 30 to 60 minutes for a tooth.
Benefits of Dental Bonding:
- Preserve Tooth Enamel: During dental bonding procedure, only a small portion of your enamel is removed to roughen the tooth that helps the resin to adhere better to your tooth. It is vital to have undamaged enamel since it protects the sensitive inner layer of your teeth. Unlike other dental procedures, dental bonding preserves tooth enamel in good condition.
- Durable: The resin used for dental bonding is a long lasting and durable substance. With a little maintenance, the dental bonding procedure can last more than 15 years.
- Inexpensive: Dental bonding is one of the inexpensive dental treatments for damaged teeth. Depending on the severity and type of the damage, the cost may vary a little. Most people desire to improve their teeth, but everyone can’t afford it. Dental bonding will be a better option for them.
Dental Bonding Aftercare:
Even though dental bonding doesn’t need special care, it is better to follow the aftercare instructions to maintain their natural looking color and strength. Some of the aftercare instruction includes
- Maintain oral hygiene by brushing, flossing and rinsing with mouthwash regularly.
- Drink plenty of water after each meal to remove the food particles that are jammed in your teeth.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco to prevent discoloration.
- Reduce the consumption of tea, coffee, and red wine.
- Limit the intake of acidic foods that destroy the composite resin and tooth enamel.
- Avoid chewing hard objects or biting nails which can chip your bonded tooth.
- Visit your dentist in Blacktown at least twice a year for check-ups.
A Little about Westpoint Dental Clinic:
Westpoint Dental Clinic is a leading dental clinic located on level 3 of the Westpoint Shopping Centre specialising in Cosmetic dentistry, preventive dentistry, restorative dentistry, orthodontics, microscopic dentistry and emergency dentistry. To know more, visit http://www.westpointdental.com.au/dentists/ or Follow https://plus.google.com/u/4/103108258167045518744/about
Location: Shop 3106, Level 3, Medical Centre, Westpoint Shopping Centre, 17 Patrick Street, Blacktown, NSW – 2148