- What is E-juice?
E-juice popularly known as ‘Vape juice’ or ‘e-liquid’ is a fluid that is used in vaporizers and electronic cigarettes to create vapor. The liquid is available in a variety of flavors and nicotine quantity. Inside these vaporizers, the liquid is heated to temperatures ranging from 200 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit which allows the conversion of ejuice to vapor state and the user inhales it.
- Constituents of E-juice:
The Vape juice usually consists of 5 ingredients which are:
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG): A popular food additive, vegetable glycerin is a carbohydrate which is safe to use and is approved by the FDA (Food and Drug administration). In addition to this, it’s commonly used in medications, cosmetics, beauty products, pet food, hand creams and has the ability to hold in moisture. It’s a thick liquid and is best used in subohm vapor.
- Propylene Glycol (PG): Propylene glycol or PG is an organic liquid that has a small sweet taste with no smell. This substance is also widely used in food, medications, cosmetics, Asthma inhalers, toothpaste, etc. It’s also safe for human use and has been with mankind for years. It’s also used for producing artificial smoke or fog effects in movies or stage. It’s a viscous liquid and is thinner than vegetable glycerin.
- Food Grade Flavoring: The type of normal flavoring that is used in foods stuffs which are safe and tasty.
- Nicotine: The Vape juice comes in distinct amount of nicotine which ranges from 0 to 2.4 percentages depending on personal preference. Many users stick with ejuice which has no nicotine. Heavy smokers who lights up many cigarettes a day and has switched to vaping usually prefer Vape juices which contain high amount of nicotine for satisfaction. But casual smokers who have switched to vaping prefer Vape juices with low or zero levels of nicotine.
- Distilled Water: At times, distilled water is added for diluting the liquid.
The vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol makes up 90 percentage of Vape juice. The rest components like nicotine, food grade flavorings make up the rest 10 percentage.
III. Levels of VG and PG for best experience:
The ratio at which vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol used determines the amount of vapor produced and other flavor sensations. For a perfect combination of flavor, throat hit and vapor levels, a 50/50 VG/PG ratio are highly recommended. These ratios are best for people who had occurrences of throat irritation and other side effects caused from vaping. In cases of subohm vaping, the recommended ratio is 70/30 VG/PG. In subohm vaping, levels of VG are more needed for creating large amount of vapor for a better throat hit. Apart from all this, some people may have their own ratios according to one’s preference and interest which may or may not be safe.
- Final Verdict:
The e-cigarette or vaping is a pretty good alternative for smokers as it contains only just 4 to 5 ingredients which are safer than normal paper rolledcigarettes that contains over 4000 chemical in which 43 of them are known to cause various cancers in the human body.