If you are undergoing any form of dental pain or infection of any kind, know that you are not alone. However, not every dental issue makes you eligible for emergency dentistry in Richmond. If you are going through any form of dental issue, read this article to find out what is and is not an emergency dental problem.
What is a dental emergency?
To help you tell if you can schedule a regular consultation with your dentist or if you need to find an emergency dentist, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your teeth pain excruciating? Never-ending and severe tooth pain make you eligible for emergency dentistry.
- Did you lose your tooth? Emergency services can save your tooth
- Are any of your teeth loose? Loose teeth should only happen in children that have milk teeth. But if you are an adult with loose teeth, going for emergency services can help.
- Is there an infection? An infection of any kind can be a sign of a life-threatening issue that cannot wait to be resolved.
- Are you suffering from bleeding gums? The sight of blood in your mouth is a clear indication of a potential problem that an emergency dentist can solve.
Emergency dentistry is all about addressing painful dental issues. Do not wait until the problem becomes worse before seeing a dentist like Dr. Juan M. Carrillo. The faster you seek dental emergency care, the better your chances of getting relief and permanent solutions to your problem.
Understanding a Dental Emergency
Sometimes, an infection to your tooth may not qualify for dental emergency services. If it can wait for a couple of days, you do not need to rush to the ER. For example, if your teeth are chipped, stained, or cracked but do not feel painful, you can schedule a regular dentistry appointment.
For some people, a toothache can subside after a few days. It could be as a result of taking an improper bite or a symptom of an underlying disease. As long as the ache is not severe and does not present symptoms of a swelling on the jaw or bumps on the gums, it can wait.
Are you in need of dental care or emergency services?
The health of your teeth affects the quality of your life. When you do not brush your teeth correctly, misuse them, or have an accident, it is possible to experience pain. You may never know the severity of your dental issue until it becomes severe. But that does not mean all the dental problems qualify to be categorized under ER services. As long as it does not hurt, you can continue going for regular dental exams.
One of the primary goals of dental emergencies is to help you to get relief right away. If you are experiencing any ling of unusual experiences in your teeth, gums, or mouth. Finding an emergency dentist is essential. Early diagnosis and treatment of any issues are vital for your overall oral health and wellbeing. To find out how an emergency dentist can help you, schedule an appointment today.