Knee osteoarthritis has a number of treatments that can easily help to cure the symptoms and reduce the chances of its growth at an older age.
Such treatments act as the, thus easing up the patient’s condition. best arthritis pain relief methods Some of the major treatments are:
- Painkillers are the primary means to reduce pain and stiffness in knee joints. When there is pain or the person feels uneasy while in motion, they can gulp a painkiller and sooth the pain. There are various painkillers available in the market under different brands.
- Paracetamol is the best medicine but should be taken in limited dosages. You can get it easily from your nearby chemist.
- Other combined options include paracetamol and another codeine drug, which cures severe pain. Combined drugs act stronger than painkillers. Some of the major medications include co-dyrdramol, co-coda mol etc.
- NSAIDs are known asNonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These drugs are accessible in the market as ibuprofen and naproxen that are best suitable to treat inflammation in case of osteoarthritis. They prove to be the best arthritis pain relief means as they have minimal side effects and cure stiffness as well. Doctor advise a lower dose to the patient for a limited period. It also protects the stomach from digestive problems.
- Doctors cautiously prescribe such drugs. They also reduce the risk of other infection and disease factors. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are present not only in medicine form but also gels and creams if any patient is having a problem in tablet intake.
- Creams and gels are easy to use in comparison of tablets. They can be applied directly onto the painful spots near knees and can be left to absorb on its own. As soon as the cream is dried, it reduces the pain. These are considered as the best option as they have the least effect on the blood vessels and do not damage the flow of blood stream.
- Knee braces are a popular choice among various treatments as they provide strong support to the emerging osteoarthritis. Knee braces are available in various types that help in stabilizing the kneecap and providing correct motion to it.
- Knee braces should be bought only on prescription and recommendation, as specialists and doctors recommend the best type of a patient.
- Steroid injections are given to the patient on the particular knee point where the pain arises. Whenever sudden pain attacks are caused, such injections prove useful.
- These help in lubricating the joints, which helps in avoiding the rubbing motion of joints against each other.
- Surgical measures are used when the osteoarthritis causes severe pain and mobility problems. A knee replacement surgery helps to replace the knee which lasts for an average of 15 years.
- There is another option of arthroscopic lavage, which refers to a process where loose fragments of bone are removed in case of knee lock.
These are some of the compiled methods to get knee arthritis treated. However, you must consult physicians to suggest you the best method.