If you find out that you have fertility issues, the first thing that you should do is to find a fertility expert. Through fertility examination, your gynecologist or urologist can help identify your condition by taking a fertility test. Look for a fertility clinic in Newport Beach, CA which will run tests on you and your partner. Although pregnancy happens inside the body of a woman, it takes both a man and a woman to create a baby.

Female Fertility Tests

For women, having a fertility test involves taking a necessary gynecological exam on the reproductive organs. A woman may choose to take an STD test; some sexually transmitted infections cause infertility.

Women with fertility issues should consider having their blood work checked. Some conditions, such as thrombophilia and antiphospholipid syndrome, cause infertility. A doctor should have a check on your hormones such as thyroid hormones, androgen hormones, prolactin, progesterone, anti-mullerian hormone, and estradiol.

fertility clinic in Newport Beach, CA

A doctor should be careful to conduct the tests on certain days of the cycle when the hormones are at their peak. FSH, for instance, should be checked on the third day and progesterone on the 21st day. For women with other conditions such as ovarian cysts and fibroids should undertake an ultrasound. An ultrasound also can confirm if a woman has undergone ovulation and can check the shape and thickness of the uterus. A doctor can verify the quantity of the eggs available in the ovaries of a woman through an ultrasound check.

Some infertility issues, such as blocked fallopian tubes, should be checked on a hysterosalpingogram; the test also evaluates the contour of the uterus.  One can have an endometrial biopsy, which can confirm if one has any other medical issues.

Male Fertility Tests

A urologist can take a general physical exam on your partner, which involves semen analysis, where a man can provide semen samples for lab evaluation. A specialized doctor will have a semen analysis, which includes testing semen for genetic deformities. A doctor can also look for the presence of antibodies; a doctor will also evaluate the presence of dead and living immobile sperms.

A blood work check can also help check the hormonal levels and STDs, which could affect male fertility. An ultrasound can evaluate the seminal vesicles and scrotum for any deformities and any other problems. One can also have a post-ejaculatory urinalysis to check for retrograde ejaculations. An x-ray can also be used to evaluate any obstructions on the male reproductive organs, which might be hindering ejaculations and maybe making the sperms weak and non-viable.

If you have been trying to conceive, you can both take the tests, for recurrent miscarriages you can wish to have genetic karyotyping which can help look for genetic disorders? You can have a blood test and post-coital testing through a pelvic exam after the couple has had sexual intercourse.


Fertility issues can affect both you and your partner, and it is better if both of you take a test to know the problems that might be causing the issues. Visit a fertility clinic with your partner and undertake any tests that can help you diagnose and treat your fertility problems.