One of the many problems of teen life is the pain and swelling caused by wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth are the third set of molars that start pushing against the back gums by the mid-teen phase. A significant percentage of Australian teens suffer from one of the following problems imposed by the wisdom teeth.
- The wisdom teeth are impacted and are trapped within the gum bone thus causing intense pain and discomfort.
- The mouth becomes crowded and dental hygiene becomes a tough parameter to achieve.
- Impacted wisdom teeth cause gum diseases and infections which affects the healthier neighbours in the long run.
Most teens are prepared to handle the wisdom teeth removal cost in Sydney before they enter their early twenties. Though the removal process comes with pain, patients must be able to get back to school or college within a week’s time.
Read on to find out some important tips to help ease the removal process.
- Choose a specialised wisdom teeth centre in Sydney and have a caretaker accompany you for the consultation.
- Discuss the removal process in detail and obtain a clear idea about the cost of wisdom teeth removal in Sydney.
- Report existing medical conditions and allergies and ask questions about the healing process, precautions to be taken before and after the surgery.
Any dental centre that offers affordable wisdom teeth removal in Sydney will take about 30-45 minutes for the completion of the removal process. Patients who will be offered IV sedation must ensure that they go to the surgery with an empty stomach. This is however not required for local anaesthesia. In some cases, the oral surgeon will cut open the gums to pull the teeth out in pieces. The wound will be stitched back and stitches will dissolve in a few days. The complexity of the procedure, the presence of dental infections, the structure of the wisdom teeth and existing health conditions in the patient determine the cost of thewisdom teeth removal in Sydney.
In most cases, teens recover faster and more easily than the older patients. They suffer from little pain, discomfort and bleeding post the surgery. The swelling generally takes its highest level on the 3rd day after surgery and then slowly subsides. In fact, many teens have reported going back to school the next day after the surgery.
What to eat after wisdom teeth removal?
The dental surgeon offers a whole list of post-surgery instructions and these dos and don’ts must be followed religiously. Start with soft food items like soups and pasta and have plenty of fluids for faster recovery. Do not use a straw while drinking liquids and avoid hard and crunchy food items for a while.
A Little about Wisdom Teeth Day Surgery:
Wisdom Teeth Day Surgery is a leading Day Surgery Clinic limited to Wisdom Teeth Removal in Sydney. A team of experienced oral surgeons at Wisdom Teeth Day Surgery perform wisdom teeth extractions with affordable pre-established fees. By limiting Day Surgery to Wisdom Teeth removal only, Wisdom Teeth Day Surgery was able to lower wisdom teeth removal fees significantly and help a lot of patients especially the ones without private health insurance. To know more, visit http://wisdomteethsydney.com.au/ or Call 1300 260 677