Are you more conscious about your teeth and your smile? Have you ever thought of taking up a measure to fix the minor defect in your pearly whites? Did you know sometimes little defects in your teeth can attract more attention than you would like? Most of the times, the tiny chip in your front tooth tends to draw more attention and distracts the beautiful features in your own smile. Beware! These small changes in your smile can cause a great impact on your appearance. But, don’t fret! Dental contouring comes to your rescue!
Dental contouring, also called as tooth reshaping is a cosmetic procedure carried out by a cosmetic dentist in Las Vegas which involves making subtle changes to one’s teeth. In order to change the shape, color, length or surface of one or more teeth, small amounts of enamel is removed. Here we have listed a few cosmetic dental problems that can be treated with dental contouring.
- Small chips
- Uneven tooth length
- Slight overlap and
- Tooth edges that are too flattened or pointy
Before commencing the contouring procedure, dental X-rays are taken to ensure that your teeth are healthy. Then, the dentist will mark your teeth with a pen to highlight areas that need sculpting during the reshaping process. To artfully eliminate or minimize imperfections on the surface of the teeth, a standing instrument is used. Also, sandpaper like strips are used to contour the sides of the teeth. Once this procedure is done, your tooth looks more polished and smoothed.
Candidates for Tooth Reshaping
Dental contouring or tooth reshaping is the best for people who just need tiny adjustments or repairs to improve the look and feel of their teeth. Also, if you are a person who wants to avoid the time and expense of major cosmetic dentistry, then choosing dental contouring help you to achieve a better smile.
Benefits of Tooth Reshaping
- Dental contouring is an inexpensive way to improve the look of your teeth.
- There is no discomfort or anesthesia required during the procedure since only a small amount of surface enamel is removed in tooth reshaping and dental contouring.
- Removing minor imperfections and surfaces that are prone to tartar or plaque buildup lowers your risk of decay and gum disease.
- This procedure substitutes braces and make your teeth look a little straighter and eliminate minor overlapping.
- Tooth contouring makes your teeth easier to brush and floss.
Dental contouring is a minor treatment that is designed to make minimum or small changes to your teeth structure. But, they cannot be used to address more serious dental problems like unhealthy gums or decaying teeth. To know more about dental contouring, visit http://www.thelasvegascosmeticdentist.com/ now. Call 702-562-8833 to talk to a Las Vegas cosmetic dentist.