As we might know already, many Americans are still suffering tooth loss even though there are a lot of improvements in dental care. This tooth loss is mainly because of gingivitis, tooth deterioration or injury. To treat this, bridges and dentures were the only options that were available for many years for the people with missing teeth. But now, there are more options and the one that is gaining huge popularity is dental implants. This implant is surgically placed by the dental specialist.
About dental implants:
Dental implants are nothing but replacement tooth roots. They provide a strong foundation for removable or permanent replacement teeth that matches your natural teeth.
Advantages of dental implants:
You can find a lot of advantages of dental implants which includes:
- The dental implant is designed to fuse properly with the jaw bone, so they look and feel like natural teeth and it becomes permanent.
- The teeth could slip within the mouth with poorly fitting dentures and makes you to slur your words. But with dental implants no need to worry about the teeth slips.
- They help you to improve your confidence and self-esteem and make you feel good about yourself.
- Chewing can be difficult with sliding dentures. But, with dental implants, you can eat your favorite foods without any pain.
- They also eliminate the discomfort of dentures that are removable by providing improved comfort since they become part of you.
- These implants will last for many years and it may even last for a lifetime if you take good care of it.
- Since dental implants do not require altering the nearby teeth as a tooth-supported bridge does, more of your natural teeth are left in place, thus improving your oral health.
- These implants eliminate the inconvenience which you will experience in the removable dentures and also there is no need to use the messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Could anyone get dental implants?
Everyone cannot undergo dental implants. Anyone who is healthy enough to undergo an oral surgery might be considered for a dental implant. To hold this implant, patients should have healthy gums and bone. They should also have good oral hygiene and dental visits on a regular basis. People who are heavy smokers, who suffer from chronic disorders like heart disease or diabetes, or who have undergone a head or neck radiation therapy should be evaluated on an individual basis. If you are planning to take dental implants, then you should talk to your dentist and find out whether it is right for you or not.
At this time, dental insurance does not cover these dental implants, in general. Depending on the insurance plan and the tooth loss cause, it may be possible for this coverage to come under the medical plan. You should discuss with your insurance provider and the dentist about the questions you have about the questions you have related to the insurance and the dental implants.
Depending on where in the jaw these dental implants are placed, the success rates of implants vary. But they have a success rate of up to 98% in general. Dental implants may last even for a lifetime with proper care taken. They offer dental implants and Cosmetic dentistry at affordable prices. They offer the safest alternative to the missing or damaged teeth. You can do your own research to know more about the dental implant procedure and get to know whether it is right for you.